04.15.2010
1:50 am
Step I ~ Magic Mental Training
1.Thought control (Mindfulness of Thought)
I sat tonight in practice of mindfulness of thought for 5 minutes. Next session I'll increase to 6 minutes but I stuck with 5 tonight because I skipped yesterday. Frankly I was tired last night after work and opted for sex before practicing thoughtfulness. And wouldn't you know, I was just too sleepy and relaxed to meditate afterwards though I intended too.
Ironically, while sitting tonight I found myself absorbed in thinking about sex before I remembered to just watch my thoughts. Sex is such a powerful and natural draw for the attention that after reminding myself of my objective, my mind was quite fixed in singularity of thought. I was not much distracted but did find myself thinking a bit about meditation and hermetic work. But mostly my mind wandered only very near to my intended exercise.
I would like to state in general that meditation is having the effect of leaving me in a much less stressed state upon waking the following morning, making my days much more peaceful with a more spiritual focus of mind. This is my more natural state of being when I'm not overwhelmed with worry. Even though these periods of practice are quite brief they still offer an opportunity for my nervous system to discharge accumulated stress. It's amazing how effective meditation can be and how little I thought I was benefiting when I began meditating so many years ago.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment