04.12.2010
11:30 pm
Step I ~ Magic Mental Training
1.Thought control (Mindulness of Thought)
Tonight I sat for the first time performing what I will refer to as the Mindulness of Thought exercise. I've done this execise before but this is the first attempt during I.I.H. Training. Of course, I began with a 5 minute attempt. Initially I found myself recalling other times I sat in meditetion as well as related experiences such as the image of a Buddhist style aura around my body. I found my thoughts returning to my I.I.H. Project and whether I can recall the train of thought, not because that is part of the prescribed exercise but because I want to accurately complete my project of recording and sharing my training. This seems to be a distraction in itself, something I was hoping to avoid. Some thoughts of past relationships drifted in. I found myself attaching to my first thoughts during this attempt to merely observe thought but after a quick self reminder of the objective, this was a minimal problem. It was not as hard to observe the train and let it pass by as it was to retain the memory of it afterwards.
The exercise itself went by quickly and was overall moderately relaxing. I did not take the time to relax my whole body, not even in part, before the exercise. Something I will surely take up as a practice. I've found that to be tremendously effective toward meditation in the past. The most effective means in my experience being the performance of Hatha Yoga immediately prior to meditation, next only to group meditation which seems to have it's own gravity towards a deep state. And of course there is chemically augmented meditation, which I do not recommmend however it has brought about truly transcendental experiences.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment