O.K. I've basically finished working through the theory section. I'm sorting out the practical exercises in Part II: Mental, Psychic, Physical Training and simultaneously reading back through each chapter of Theory to formulate and articulate any final questions. I have identified the essential steps of the first Mental exercise which deals with mindfulness of thought. I'm at the very beginning of practicing this technique as a part of Bardon's system, though the truth is that I've spent an indeterminable amount of time over countless years practicing this particular meditation. I should have an advantage with these first mental exercises that the average fellow may not.
I will be keeping a record of results with each practice session. I plan to return to the Temple frequently in the coming days, weeks and months to take advantage of the "refuge" offered there and turn the practice of these mental exercises into "intensives" where I'll practice them several times throughout the day. The Temple environment is ideally suited to these types of exercise. Not to mention the opportunity for guidance at the hands of some very experienced meditation experts. I would suggest this course of action to anyone who is having difficulty with the initial mental training exercises. I've heard of many aspiring Bardonians who complain of not being able to quite get past the mind control phase of this system. Let there be no doubt that I'm excited and relieved to finally be doing as opposed to strictly studying. It's taken a good bit of discipline to read through each chapter so meticulously and exclusively, but I've certainly gleaned some insights I did not previously possess.
It's as of yet unprovoked by Bardon, but I feel that a dream journal is in order at this point. I've been having strange and vivid dreams throughout this course of study, though I've always been a prolific and lucid dreamer. But these dreams are becoming ever more lucid as time passes. I seem to be becoming quite adept at realizing when I'm in mid dream, at which point projection seems automatic. Now, I'm just patiently waiting to learn more of how to take advantage of the opportunity. I do find myself asking very direct and profound questions of some of the dream characters and, at times, receiving profound answers. I can't recall any great examples to offer at the moment, hence the need for a dream journal.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment