Friday, April 2, 2010

"I.I.H." Theory: Asceticism~

I agree essentially with Bardons advocacy of moderation and non-neglect of bodily needs. What is somewhat new and interesting to me here is his break down of asceticism into three types; mental, astral and material. Again, this all very closely reflects my own experience with life in and around the Buddhist temple with it's emphasis on the "Middle Way" (moderation) and mindfulness of thought, speech and action (morality). I suppose I didn't realize that what started out as a novel exploration would shed so much light on my passionate interest in the Occult.

Bardon advises us, before moving on to the practical exercises, to mentally possess the theory thus far articulated. I don't want to fall into the trap of spending so much time and energy trying to fully understand theory that I completely fall short of beginning the practicals. How can one understand something thoroughly without actual experience "in the field". However, I have read through all the theory at least a dozen times, probably more. I feel that Bardon was successful in creating an initial understanding of the basic model of the self with it's various levels and corresponding planes as well as their elemental makeup ( four poled magnet). Not to leave out the electric and magnetic fluids, the character of all these and their relationships, and of course the powerful tool of analogy. All these together, I believe, provide a strong foundation with which to approach the practical applications of Occult Science. Whatever I may have missed of theory, I trust will resurface during the practical exercises only to have more light shed upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment