Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I.I.H." Theory: God~

It takes no amount of indoctrination at this point in my life for me to behold the picture being painted for us here by Bardon. His distinction between the uninitiated and the magician's perception of God are well put and clear. What's important here, I feel, is to understand this distinction and then pay close attention to the magician's viewpoint in regards to deity. This is something I passionately embraced in the summer of 1992 while diving deep into yogic philosophy. The yogi's goal of Union with one's own Godhead very much agrees with the ultimate intent of High magic (Theurgy). For me, the two have become one. That is to say, the practice of the Occult Sciences are the means to the end which is union with God. I see no significant difference between occultism of East and West. Does not every Spirit strive for this same Union no matter on what level our awareness rests.

How sweet would be the release from the Wheel of Karmic debt, from the chase of desire and the Law of Attraction which binds us to a relentless eternity of rebirth, of losing consciousness again and again. I'm sure some would argue that it's the Great Escape to lose ourselves only to find ourselves again in another life. I love and appreciate the adventure that Life is, but how nice it would be to finally make only conscious choices to come and go, and to be able to render a true service to those other Souls struggling for Realization of the Spirit, before finally surrendering "Into The Mystic".

I appreciate the four-poled key that Bardon has given us to link the analogies between microcosm and macrocosm. It will still take time for it to settle into my understanding though it is seeping in. And whatever name or image by which we feel most compelled to approach the Divine, let me now make that ascent, step by step, from beginning to end, with the help of that instruction so compassionately offered by our friend Franz Bardon.

Reading the theory laid out in these chapters, and being reminded of the Hermetic view of the Big Picture has greatly helped me to lay aside the agony of anticipating my own mortality. Something that has become an ever increasing discomfort as I approach my 40th birthday. I have been struggling with the almost subconscious regret of feeling that I'm too close to death to be able to make a significant "rise" in this lifetime. But these chapters have reminded me that Life continues past material decay and it is possible to continue the ascent, perhaps even without loss of awareness, into the coming incarnations.

No comments:

Post a Comment