Thursday, March 18, 2010
"I.I.H." Theory: Spirit~
Here Bardon explains the self in terms of Body, Soul and Spirit and defines the relationship between the three. We are reminded that the Spirit is immortal and he shows us the process by which the Self emanates from akasa into Spirit (the spiritual EGO) as a reflexion of divinity, then extends into Soul where it is divided into a conglomeration of Elements (will/Fire, mind/Air, emotion/Water, union of all three/Earth or conscious ego) which then condenses into the physical body. Akasa is expressed as the fifth Element and we are again reminded that all Elements have a dual nature, the details of which are to be explored through study and contemplation. And as I suspected, we are in fact here literally encouraged to know our own Elemental attributes in order to proceed with the mystic work. When I first read through the section on theory, it seemed very archaic and haphazard but I must confess that after reading through it again very slowly (several times, in fact) and giving each part thorough consideration, it now appears quite well ordered and an appropriate basis for understanding the work we are about to undertake. I feel a deep sense of gratitude to a man I've never known who had compassion enough not only to set himself to the task of expounding in the plainest terms possible the Occult Art, but also eventually give his life for doing so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment