Here Bardon explains Light is an extension of Fire, Fire being the source. Light has all the qualities of Fire. Fairly self explanatory, however, one thing catches my attention more than all else: The Fiery Element can be converted into Light and Light back into the Fiery Element. This warrants some serious contemplation. Of course the opposite of Light is Darkness, with Darkness being an extension of Water. Light and Dark each being nonexistent without the other. Bardon describes Lights' outcome as having a positive quality and Darkness having a negative quality, and their interplay working in all regions.
I'm not at this point sure if I perceive the real distinction between Fire and Light or Water and Darkness other than Light and Dark simply being extensions of Fire and Water. In this sense, I suppose that Light as an emanation from Fire is akin to heat, both being impossible without their obvious source. I guess Light IS the quality EXPRESSED by Fire, meaning that thing that Fire emits. Light IS the expansion of the Element, the voice of Fire, so to speak. In the same sense, Darkness must be the expressed (or perhaps unexpressed) quality of Water. When I think of Light as the expressed emanation of Fire, my subconscious mind is called back to the metaphor of the "Holy Ghost" emanating from God, the "Word of God" present in all things. I'm definitely going to chew on this awhile during meditation.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment