Well it's the first day of delving into Franz Bardons' "Initiation Into Hermetics".
I know full well I'm not the first, won't be the last, nor do I expect to be the best. I don't intend this BLOG to be an instructional manual as I don't presume to be an authority on the subject. This is simply a personal journal recording my own experiences. I won't spend much effort trying to explain Bardons' lessons or exercises but I will, where possible, offer links to the necessary texts so you can instruct yourself. I'm assuming for the most part that any interested reader is already familiar with Hermetics or has the ability to seek out resources for themselves.
If you happen to be well steeped in Hermetic philosophy and practice then please excuse my ignorance and consider yourself invited to offer constructive criticism and encouragement. That's one major reason I decided to post this journal for all to see.
Bardon attempted to expound the Mystical Path by describing the Occult lessons hidden in plain view in each of the first five cards of the Tarot. Knowing since childhood that the Tarot veiled an understanding of spiritual progress, this idea excited me instantly. His first book offers a key to unlock The Magician, his second opens The High Priestess and his third The Empress. As The Fool marks the beginning of the Journey, and some argue the end as well, I chose this image to represent myself in this process. When the day comes that I feel I've sufficiently digested Bardons' first book, I'll assume The Magician for my profile as a badge of achievement.
If you care to read and follow along, here's the address to Bardons' 1st book that I'll be working through.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/301820/Initiation-into-Hermetics-by-Franz-Bardon
I'm excited to be beginning something that I've always starved for. Training myself, or being trained to unfold a higher spiritual nature. But I'm also a little overwhelmed by the seeming complexity and newness of it all. I'll try to maintain the "Middle Path" of moderation of effort and emotion. Something I learned from time spent in the Wat(temple).
The first day's only just begun. Much more on the first lesson and exercises later.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment