Monday, January 11, 2010

Pt 1- Theory: The Magician



























Bardon opens up the section on theory with an explanation of the first card in the Tarot deck, The Magician. I had never seen the exact card described and was only able to find an image of it with the help of a fellow Occult enthusiast. Thanks so much to him for his willingness to share. What can I say, this image is well worth gazing on in contemplation of its meaning. It's a chapter in a book that can only be read by deep consideration of its symbolism.

Bardon explains it in plain enough English and I get the spirit of its story. An individual engaged in actively balancing the nature of the Self and the elemental world around us. The card expresses all the energies at play in Nature and Self. But "The Magician" warrants my time and attention before I can fully appreciate his meaning.

I will go to a local print and blow up a copy of this card and put it on the wall in my little home library so I can gaze on him frequently. I don't expect to get a full understanding of his mysteries right away, but if I include a regular meditation on the image during the pursuit of working through "I.I.H", I may in time unlock his secrets.

1 comment:

  1. one thing u might want to try is printing a copy of the card normal size and hold it during meditation eyes shut and be aware of impressions and feelings u get off the card

    ReplyDelete