Friday, January 22, 2010

"I.I.H." Theory: The Principle of Fire~

This section explains briefly the nature of the Element of Fire as the first Element born out of the Ether, expansiveness, heat and light. Bardon also emphasizes the importance of recognizing the two polarities latent in all Elements, passive and active. Destructive and creative. He reminds us that these are neither good nor bad, simply tools to be used. Most of us hopefully know already that a tool can be used to help or hurt in any particular circumstance.

I, personally realized that there's no such thing as good or evil in this world when I was in my mid twenties after a passionate exploration of Yogic philosophy and metaphysics. But what really drove the point home was a deep prolonged ponderance of the world around me, not merely reading or discussing the subject with other thinkers and seekers. It wasn't easy to break away from the constructs of a Christian society, and frankly I'm still in the process of freeing myself from guilt and self limitation to this day.

Bardon relates the Element of Fire to the quality he calls electrical fluid. This is better understood by me as the Yang nature present in all creation. It's hard to express my impressions of the Element of Fire though they do exist. Let's just say that it has helped me to break the Elements down one at a time and give each consideration as to how and where they exist in nature and mind. I do sense the expansive quality of Fire, electrical fluid/Yang in life around me and I trust that with further experience it will become clearer to me and thus more articulable.

No comments:

Post a Comment