Saturday, December 26, 2009
Uncle Asa, Part 2
Yes, Uncle Asa was blind. Though he wasn't born that way. He went blind later in life after he had already become proficient at reading cards. But the fact that he continued to read haunted me all my life and still does. He was certainly a great inspiration to learn how to read cards. When I finally started reading on my own, I uncovered a very basic practice that I believe led to his ability. In many occult systems, a preliminary exercise is suggested that is intended to develop ones clairvoyant faculties. Simply take a deck of cards, turn them face down and one at a time, take note of the images and impressions you perceive crossing your minds eye. You may never get the specific impression of "Queen of Hearts" for example, but you will notice certain images and thoughts. They come as if superimposed among your own regular "mind chatter". The idea is if you familiarize yourself with these impressions well enough, you will notice a definite consistency of "themes" with each specific card. Of course some cards have similar meanings depending their context within a reading. But I believe this method of training our clairvoyant sensitivity is how Uncle Asa was able to read cards even though he could no longer see them with his eyes. He simply saw them with his minds eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment