Sunday, February 14, 2010

"I.I.H." Theory: Karma~

This little section is summed up well when Bardon quotes, "Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he reap". The law of Karma is somewhat self explanatory and a simple enough philosophy that a child can understand it, but I do believe it's a bit more subtle than its' usual simple interpretation. It has no doubt helped me to grasp the implications of Karma by spending no small amount of time in the shelter of the Sangha studying and practicing the Dhamma. In other words, considering the extent to which thought tends itself toward speech which in turn so often becomes action. I believe Karma is, many times, a law that we hold ourselves to through self judgement as well.

I feel also that Bardon is here pointing us toward the notion that manifestation begins in the causal/Akasa, beginning to introduce us to the idea that control and focus of our subconscious is critical to bringing our intentions and desires into reality, very much in the same way that Karma works. Or, in a sense, perhaps that IS the Law of Karma. Bardon emphasizes that Karma is a law "immutable" and "the most sublime rule" but let us not forget that the oriental philosophy also tells us that Karma is a law that, through understanding, training and development, can be risin above much in the same way that the Fool is first bound and controlled by the Elements until he becomes the Magician and is able only then to take mastery over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment